The Asian Girl at Michael Jackson's Memorial

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

There was all this hype about some asian girl that sung at the MJ memorial but since I chose to cocoon myself from the media madness of the event... I had no idea what anyone was talking about. Later I came online to find out. What did I find? That the "asian, chinese, etc" girl was actually blasian. How funny!




http://www.mixedchild.com/FEATURES/Judith_Hill/Judith_Hill.htm

Judith was born in Los Angeles and raised in a family of musicians. Her mother is an immigrant from Japan who met her father in a funk band in the 1970s. She laughs about her bi-racial experience, “I was a skinny mixed kid with a lot of hair that I didn’t know what to do with (and still don’t know what to do with it). And my mom could not help me with it!”

She admits that she never “fit in”. Depending on the social circle, she was labeled “too quiet”, “too loud”, “too black”, “to asian”, or too something. Judith expresses, “I was a traveler, kind of a drifter. But, looking back I see how all of those experiences, friends, and cultures made me who I am today.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggerized by Blogger Template