Join Asian Black Co & Swirl Inc for Blasian Awareness Tweet Chat

Friday, July 13, 2012

[tweetmeme source="asianblackco" only_single=false http://www.URL.com]

If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook you know I promote the blasian community. A lot. It's no secret that I love sharing about the Asian Black Community of families and those with biracial blasian heritage. After all my own son is blasian. Within my community everyone knows what this term means and celebrates it.  Outside the community.....

Blasian Awareness

Well that's another story. So many people outside the mixed race community have never heard of the term blasian. Heck some people inside the mixed race community don't know what the term blasian means. It's not as well known as the term Hapa use to describe those with half asian heritage.

Many times I have to explain, sometimes in detail, that the term blasian is valid and that there is a large and vibrant community. I've been trying to do this for over 10 years. Over 10 years.  Am I succeeding in spreading awareness of what it means to be blasian outside the community?

Well this is the topic I'm going to discuss during the next Swirl chat via twitter TODAY

For those who don't know, Swirl is "a national multi-ethnic organization that challenges society's notions of race through community building, education, and action" Plus there really cool and fun people.

Wanna join in? The more the merrier!

WHEN: July 13, 2012 3 pm EST (2 pm CT; 12 pm PT)

WHO TO FOLLOW: @AsianBlackCo and @Swirlinc

TOPIC: Spreading Blasian Awareness

HOW TO JOIN: Follow the hashtag #Swirlchat and #BlasianAwareness

All are welcome, whether your blasian or not, so hope to see you there! Leave a comment with your twitter name to let me know you'll be there.

Like this article? Subscribe to the RSS feed or for email updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggerized by Blogger Template