Finding Blasians and Asian Black Couples on Twitter?!

Saturday, March 21, 2009

So I've been hanging out alot on Twitter lately...after all it's the latest social media craze so how could I not right?...anyway, as usual while being nosey and bugging people I've made some friends =)

So far there was no pattern or specific community to the people I started following or who started following me. Well, that's partial true. I started following other moms first...of course. Other then that my followers were a variety of folks with different causes talking about a whole bunch of different stuff.

Until I discovered the twitter search link *lightbulb*

First search term I entered...mixed...but after viweing results I felt that was too broad a term. So next I entered...blasian...I figured I might get a few profiles to look at but nothing really relevant. Ah, I'm glad to say how wrong I was...

I found a bunch of people talking about blasians for whatever reason. More important I found quite a few blasians and more important then that I found parents of blasians. Woot, woot! I was like a kid in a candy store. I started following everyone I could find so I could later go back and harass...oops I mean... start a friendship with them. =)

I noticed that some of them started following me...which was nice of them. But one person is particular wrote me a DM (twitter term for direct message) asking me to view his site Puppet String Marketing. Dude...are you trying to spam me?! So, I wrote something sarcastic back. He had the nerve to DM me again but this time shared a very interesting link.






After viewing the link my mouth dropped opened and I sat staring at the screen for a few minutes. Then I broke out into laughter followed by a proud *smirk*. I LOVE find asian and black couples and families in general but to find a asian man black women couples who are also techies and hopes of blasian world domination?! It's like winning a lottery or something.

You see, I fight alot against the stereotypes that Asian Black couples and families are a "rarity". I also try to help people see that there are MANY different types if Asian Black couples. Most people feel an Asian man has to be "ghetto" to date a black women or the black women has to study and emulate the asian culture to date an Asian man. No matter how many times I prove people wrong by sharing stories and info to broaden their minds, people still want to stick to the old negative style of thinking.

This makes me wonder how people will deal with my son who is a product of an Asian Man Black Women union. Sometimes as a mother it can be very discouraging for me. I wonder why I even bother sometimes. But every once in a while I come across something or someone who restores my confidence that I'll find other positive people within the Asian Black community. On behalf of my little blasian son and I ...I say Thank you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggerized by Blogger Template