Blasians : The Hidden Community Revealed

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I see blasians! I swear I do. I see them everywhere...on the train, in movies, walking down the street. Heck I even see them in online ads. Just the other day I saw a little boy in the yahoo mail ad I swear is half asian. I don't know how other people cant see the Asian and Black community. It's like it's hidden until you become part of the "community". Like in the Matrix movie after you take the red pill.


I'm always trying to get people to take the red pill. I'm constantly pointing out that we're not a "rare" community. People with blasian heritage have been around for YEARS. From entertainers to sport figures to politics if you stopped to look you'll find a person with blasian background.

I also think many people have blasian in their families histories. Someone's great great grand parents or 3rd cousin might have been blasian. If more people were honest or aware they'd see the community is larger then they think. Maybe then people can stop asking me to show and prove with hard "data" beyond myself.

Now I don't mind showing and proving by sharing my life. But it becomes tiring and discouraging when I'm just one person trying to stand against what society says about interracial family, black women and mothers with biracial children.

But finally through the 2010 Census awareness for the mixed race community will come with hard data to support all my ranting. While realistically I know it will take time to form a complete picture of the mixed race/ blasian population...it's definably a step in that direction. Then people see in black and white (pun intended) that the hidden community isnt really all that hidden.

Like this article? Subscribe to the RSS feed or for email updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggerized by Blogger Template