WordPress Comment Forced Login Issue Fixed. Sorta

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

[tweetmeme source="asianblackco" only_single=false http://www.URL.com]

I was recently emailed by a reader about not being able to comment on any blog post here. They kept getting the "log in to your WordPress account" message. Umm, that shouldn't be happening. So I looked into it and found out that it has something to do with how WordPress is linked to Gravatar. Seems if you use your email to make a Gravatar then WordPress thinks you have any account and wants you to login...even when you don't.

angry computer user

Now I know some of you are ready to riot because you can't leave a comment. No need. To avoid my readers getting that message and allow free commenting, I changed something on the back end of the blog.

So the good news.....you can comment without a login in requirement.

The bad news..... ALL comments need to be moderated now so I don't get trolls leaving me spam or hateful comments. I'm not crazy about this but it's the only work around I found for the craziness WordPress is now doing.

I'm tempted to move back to blogger but I put in to much work on this site already. *sigh*

Anyway, comment away!

Like this article? Subscribe to the RSS feed or for email updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggerized by Blogger Template