ABC's Flash Forward Blasian Couple Gabrielle Union & John Cho

Monday, August 24, 2009

An Asian man engaged to a Black women in a series on a major network? Am I dreaming? Woot, woot! We've finally become trendy enough to make it to TV. Bout time if you ask me but hey I'm more excited then I am frustrated that ABC's upcoming sci-fi thriller series Flash Forward features an Asian Black couple in a serious relaionship!


Gabrielle Union joined the cast of ABC's upcoming sci-fi thriller series FlashForward after the pilot and told us that she'll play a criminal defense attorney engaged to Demetri Noh (John Cho). She said the pairing of her African-American character and Cho's Asian-American character was deliberate.

"The cultural differences with our families, not only blending families in the middle of a recession but blending families that come from different cultures and races and backgrounds, will definitely be explored," Union said in an exclusive interview last week in Pasadena, Calif. "And, I love John."

"[I've shot] a lot of time with John," She continued. "We have a really good relationship. I'm so glad that they're showing two people of color with, like, a really ... loving and nurturing relationship. I haven't really seen that on TV, and certainly not in an interracial relationship, very loving and sweet in a genuine sort of way."

Yes, girl! I love John also and not just cause he happens to be korean-american. LOL. But I confess this is a major plus point for me since it's exciting to see characters that reflects my life and community. I'm so going to be watching this show...and blog about it of course!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggerized by Blogger Template