Kimora Lee Simmons : Fabulous Blasian Mom

Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Black Celebrity Kids site recently posted that Kimora Lee Simmons shared in her OK magazine interview plans to have more kids with Djimon Hounsou. After seeing the family photos of Kimora, her daughters and Kenzo I hope they do. I feel that Kimora really loves being a mother. As a member of the "Moms of Blasian kids" club, I'm all for having more families that reflect my lifestyle.

[caption id="attachment_248" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="image credit - Black Celebrity Kids "][/caption]

Now I confess I've been very bad about reporting on fabulous blasian Kimora and her family. But I gotta say that Kimora does a better job at promoting the blasian image.

Homegirl is on so many magazines, shows and media sites....and not just the blacks one mind you. People featured Kimora after she gave birth to Kenzo. I'm loving it! She makes a great example that being blasian is something to be proud. Kimora is far from being the tragic half black/biracial person society loves to highlight. Seems to me that Kimora doesn't live or think this way about herself or her children.

BTW, I've watched the show and it's interesting to see how Kimora adds her cultural in different areas. When it came to her daughters Kimora has raised them to know both their racial backgrounds. Even though they live in a world that doesn't always know what to make of their "exotic" mix, Kimora keeps them grounded in who they are.

Kimora also makes sure that projects she works on aren't watered down because her target community are "minorities". I'll never forget the episode where Kimora demanded her Barbie doll have the same rights as the white Barbie dolls the company produces. The Kimora doll needed ALL the accessories and Kimora made sure the company followed through. LOL.

I'm excited to see how Kimora will juggle life now with baby Kenzo. Being a mother to a boy isn't easy. Gotta tune in to "Life in the Fab Lane" which starts the new season on March 21, 2010.

To read interesting tidbits on KLS check out Blog Kimora and the official website

Like this article? Subscribe to the RSS feed or for email updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggerized by Blogger Template